Lewis Lakes - High Country Travel

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
foodfight
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Lewis Lakes - High Country Travel

Post by foodfight »

Has anyone made the trip from Upper Lewis Lake to Lower Lewis Lake in the Emmigrant Basin Wilderness? Let me know about your experience and of any advice you can offer.

Thanks!
foodfight
Topix Newbie

Re: Lewis Lakes - High Country Travel

Post by foodfight »

Oops, I made a mistake on the above post. I am trying to get from Upper Lewis to Middle Lewis (or visa versa). Any advice?
mediauras
Topix Acquainted

Post by mediauras »

Here's a recent trip report (not mine) on Lewis Lakes/ Granite Dome in Emigrant. Lots more here if you search.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
justm
Topix Regular

Post by justm »

I did this trip about a month ago. There's alot of up ..up ..up and in some places up scrambling up rocks. Beautiful trip, didn't see a soul. On the return it's a very steep down...down from Iceland lake. From the outlet of Iceland , slowly keep to the left and it's down to a creek flowing out of Ridge lake. Follow the creek via a faint trail until you meet up with relief creek. From there you will find the main trail on the other side of relief creek. You need to know map skills to do this trip
balzaccom
Topix Addict

Post by balzaccom »

We just got back from this same area (why I haven't posted in a while) and will get a trip report up as soon as I load the photos.

We hiked in and out via Summit Creek, and it was a piece of cake...but we are used to xc travel,
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963