Fall Backpacking in the Western Sierra's

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
BassPaul
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Fall Backpacking in the Western Sierra's

Post by BassPaul »

I may be a little early on this topic but I'm already looking forward to the best time of year to hike in the Sierras. Ive done my fare share of Fall hiking in the Eastern Sierras but would like to know of any recommendations for hiking in the Western Sierra's, preferably Kings, Sequoia or other Southern locations. Somewhere with lot's of Cottonwood and Aspen…. Thanks!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Fall Backpacking in the Western Sierra's

Post by maverick »

Hi BassPaul,

Welcome to HST!
Please read: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
justm
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Fall Backpacking in the Western Sierra's

Post by justm »

Welcome to this site. The trail to Kennedy lake in the Emigrant wilderness is beautiful in the fall !