Is leaving Agnew Meadows to Resupply at Mammoth Lakes allowe

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
mbear
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Is leaving Agnew Meadows to Resupply at Mammoth Lakes allowe

Post by mbear »

I guess no sweat since Young's didn't prove too tough of a permit to get and since the resupply sounds like it would have been allowed had I continued down the JMT to Cathedral instead or up the PCT to Glen Aulin. Would have preferred not to stay in the frontcountry one night waiting for my Youngs permit to start, but at least that makes my day to Youngs easier and gives me some time to not have to rush through Lyell Canyon on the way in. Just hope the TM grill is open to a reasonable hour (forgot when they close; 5:00 PM?) for that day coming into TM and staying there in between permits.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Mbear wrote:
Just hope the TM grill is open to a reasonable hour (forgot when they close; 5:00 PM?)
for that day coming into TM and staying there in between permits.
Closes at 7 pm.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
mbear
Topix Acquainted

Post by mbear »

maverick wrote:
Mbear wrote:
Just hope the TM grill is open to a reasonable hour (forgot when they close; 5:00 PM?)
for that day coming into TM and staying there in between permits.
Closes at 7 pm.
Thanks. That's quite a bit later than I expected.
jfelectron
Topix Acquainted

Post by jfelectron »

Why does Yosemite even bother having such seemingly unenforceable regulations as this? Who is to know if I slip out to the TM establishments and then go on my merry way?
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by AlmostThere »

They enforce them as much as they can. Seen people walked out by a ranger a number of times..... Folks with dogs, people without wilderness permits or canisters....