Suggestions for a 5 day loop trip in the Easter Sierras.

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
regone
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Suggestions for a 5 day loop trip in the Easter Sierras.

Post by regone »

Interested in doing a 5 day loop out of the Easter Sierras. We'd like two have a 2 day stop to fish and do whatever... I'll be with a friend and a dog (a powerful lab). The dog doesn't have to come as I know they are not allowed in the National parks. I personally have done a lot of the main hikes out of South lake, North Lake, and Sabrina. Our level of backpacking experience is about a 3 (for the last 15 years I have backpacked the Winds of Wyoming w my brother and friends), we are looking for class 2 terrain, and our main interests are fishing, scenary and some solitude. Thanks in advance!!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Suggestions for a 5 day loop trip in the Easter Sierras.

Post by maverick »

Hi Regone,

Welcome to HST!
Minarets has outstanding scenery, great fishing, and doggie is okay.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4252&p=25512&hilit= ... ake#p25512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
regone
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: Suggestions for a 5 day loop trip in the Easter Sierras.

Post by regone »

Thanks Peter. Hike looks great. Your photography is fantastic. We may be looking for more solitude than the Thousand Lakes region but it looks like a great loop. Ty