Edith Lake TR 5/24-27

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Re: Edith Lake TR 5/24-27

Post by giantbrookie »

Wow I can't believe I missed this report last year. Anyone who has ever been to Edyth knows that ANY trip to that place has an epic nature. The route,itinerary, and photos bring back such fond memories of my May (5/14-17) 1992 trip there with my wife and a friend (very similar except Bearup was part of the trip, too). What a stupendous place that is, the crown jewel of the "Bermuda Triangle" (trailless NW Yosemite). Anyhow, I'm glad this was brought to the front, because I missed this last year.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
michaelsmith
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by michaelsmith »

Edith Lake is a small alpine lake in Custer County, Idaho, United States, located high in Central Idaho Sawtooth National Recreation Area.Järvi is approximately 16.5 miles (26.6 km) south of Stanley.Polkua Yellow Belly Lake and Pettit Lake trailheads leading towards the lake Edith Farley Lake. Nama trailheads access to State Highway 75 via Sawtooth National Forest road 208.
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by kpeter »

michaelsmith wrote:Edith Lake is a small alpine lake in Custer County, Idaho, United States, located high in Central Idaho Sawtooth National Recreation Area.Järvi is approximately 16.5 miles (26.6 km) south of Stanley.Polkua Yellow Belly Lake and Pettit Lake trailheads leading towards the lake Edith Farley Lake. Nama trailheads access to State Highway 75 via Sawtooth National Forest road 208.
Not sure what this post is about, Michaelsmith. An effort to correct the spelling of Edyth Lake, CA?

I actually have camped at Edith Lake, Idaho. A beautiful lake between Toxaway and Imogene, two of my favorites. What I remember most were the flowers at Edith. There were at least 4 different colors of paintbrush. Somewhere I have a box of slides....
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

I think michaelsmith is a bot. Two comments total; here is the entirety of the other one:
Nice information and images,Thanks for sharing it.
Always wanted to backpack the Sawtooths...but that's a digression for Beyond the Sierra, I guess.