Maybe a good year for some X-country passes

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Maybe a good year for some X-country passes

Post by mokelumnekid »

that are usually vexed by steep snow. In addition to being a low water year good for some canyon travel (see my post below, "Unothodox..."), it may also be a good year for some passes that normally don't go without some steep snow travel or manuvering, like say, Granite Bear, Cataract Creek (Observation) or Packsaddle. Just a thought. :waving
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Maybe a good year for some X-country passes

Post by rlown »

and if you do go over some cross country passes, document your journey in the new Information Booth section on Cross Country passes at viewforum.php?f=31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Maybe a good year for some X-country passes

Post by cgundersen »

Hi MK,
With any luck, my better half & I will be climbing Taboose next week on our way to Amphitheater (via Upper Basin Crossing) and the Dumbbells. With even more luck, I'll come back with a TR. That said, I kind of prefer falling on snow vs rock.........and have plenty of scars to show for the trouble.
cg