Resupplying in Mammoth

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
mbear
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Resupplying in Mammoth

Post by mbear »

Anyone know what the post office charges to store an 8-9 pound food re-up box for a week/week and a half that I send them? I didn't mind the $35 + $1 a day for storage at Red's until I read about the $19 burger meal with no fries. Might as well just go stuff myself at Carl's Jr or KFC in town for half the price and grab a beer with the savings. Since I'm not going any farther south than Agnew Meadow, Red's isn't all that more convenient anyways (I'll be coming from Yosemite through Donahue Pass and back out to it through Parker Pass, but will need a reup since I want to spend lots of time seeing a lot of the lakes around Banner/Ritter/Minarets).

Also, where's a good place in Mammoth Lakes to find one of these great California beers on tap?
- Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye (can't seems to find this one back in Texas anymore ](*,)
- Arrogant Bastard Ale
- Stone IPA / Stone Ruination IPA
- Sierra Nevada Stout (not having any luck in Texas with this one either)
- Bear Republic Racer 5

You Californians have the best wilderness and the best beer in the nation!
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

mbear

Re:beer

Why not drink the local stuff from Mammoth?

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
mbear
Topix Acquainted

Post by mbear »

That's an idea. I have only tried one of their beers, the IPA395, but I was impressed by it: a pretty unique IPA with strong hints of juniper instead of the more standard pine or grapefruit flavors. I picked up a bomber of it in Tuolumne Meadows a few years ago but haven't seen their beers elsewhere.
mbear
Topix Acquainted

Post by mbear »

Called them today and they said they'd hold a package for 30 days with no charge other than shipping.