Tioga Pass/Gaylor Lakes Dec 18

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Stevehymon
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Tioga Pass/Gaylor Lakes Dec 18

Post by Stevehymon »

Thanks Hikerchick395!

Indeedy, here's a video of a couple of guys passing the puck around. Can't wait to get up there in my Puckalolos jersey and battered CCMs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA2-U95I ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert

Post by Troutdog 59 »

With no change in the weather, my wife and I drove up from Clovis yesteday (1/2/12). First time Ive been in Tuoloumne Meadows in January. We had a blast, played tourists and pickinicked, and just generlly enjoyed the spectacular views. Yosemite is beautiful no matter what, but this was a side of Yosemite we had never gazed upon. Simply tremendous!!!!

Tenaya

Tuolumne

Once in a while you can get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right.

The Grateful Dead
Flux
Topix Expert

Post by Flux »

hikerchick395 wrote:Image

Here's one pic I found...not at Tenaya though

That's the Mammoth crew on Gull Lake over in June. Most of those guys have been skating all the area lakes for almost 2 months. They have been up to Tioga and Tenaya a couple times.

the guy in the back is mlca.

It's unbelievable that the snow hasn't flown yet.
quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

I can't believe how much less snow there is in Yosemite than in the "mountains" of Southern California! There's snow starting below 5,000 feet down here.
tim
Topix Expert

Post by tim »

We were in Death Valley this week (here's my write-up: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and came back up 395 and over Tioga yesterday evening (my GPS kept telling me to turn around as it couldn't believe the pass would be open). There really is very little snow anywhere - I thought snow was scarce in Yosemite two weeks ago (its similar now, with a minimal amount on Tioga Pass), but south of Mammoth is as bad or worse.

Here's a photo of the Whitney area from above Lone Pine:
Whitney no snow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hikerchick395
Topix Regular

Post by hikerchick395 »

Here's Varmint (Marmot) Dome January 4