Sabrina , Blue, Midnight Lakes

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
charneydanysh
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Sabrina , Blue, Midnight Lakes

Post by charneydanysh »

We are planning a trip to Blue Lake and possibly to Midnight Lake on the week of August 8. Has anyone been there in the past week? I am an anxious stream crosser; what is the log=jam crossing like at Blue Lake like right now? If the logs are too slippery, what is the wading depth? Do the trail conditions allow access to Midnight Lake? Any current information would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks, Ava
jallen
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Sabrina , Blue, Midnight Lakes

Post by jallen »

Was just there last week. All stream crossings are doable. Logs are slippery, but was able to avoid them and use the rocks instead. The depth of each crossing is fairly shallow unless you attempt later in the day. We did notice a slight difference in afternoon crossings vs. morning crossings. All trails are clear. Your biggest concern should be the mosquitos... bring a head net for sure, a few cigars, and a gallon of Deet. I need to post a trail report soon. Let me know if you want more info. It was absolutely gorgeous up there!!!