plow crews have poked throught to Tioga Pass

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

plow crews have poked throught to Tioga Pass

Post by SSSdave »

Noticed the SR120 highway through Yosemite and over Tioga Pass has been punched through by the snowplow crews. However they have lots of work ahead including work at five avalance areas and don't seem to be near setting an opening date. But I'm guessing the opening date is now not too far off. Certain before the last week of the month. ...David
SteveB
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: plow crews have poked throught to Tioga Pass

Post by SteveB »

SSSdave wrote:Noticed the SR120 highway through Yosemite and over Tioga Pass has been punched through by the snowplow crews. However they have lots of work ahead including work at five avalance areas and don't seem to be near setting an opening date. But I'm guessing the opening date is now not too far off. Certain before the last week of the month. ...David
I'm hoping for good progress next week. My vacation is supposed to start the week of the 18th, or I might push it ahead one more week (and take advantage of a couple extra days over July 3, 4. :)