Yosemite gradually opening for the, ummm, "summer"...

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
bheiser1
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Yosemite gradually opening for the, ummm, "summer"...

Post by bheiser1 »

from the Yosemite National Park Facebook page:
Tuolumne Meadows and Bridalveil Creek Campground will open on Friday, July 15! (Yosemite Creek, Porcupine Flat, and White Wolf Campground will not be open this weekend.)
TRAUMAhead
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Yosemite gradually opening for the, ummm, "summer"...

Post by TRAUMAhead »

Rafting also opens tomorrow.
“The word adventure has gotten overused. For me, when everything goes wrong - that’s when adventure starts.” - Yvon Chouinard
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by markskor »

TRAUMAhead wrote:Rafting also opens tomorrow.
Thanks, hoping they would open up the river soon - BTW, rafting - a great way to spend a day if Valley bound!
Taking my 19 year old son and his girlfriend to Yosemite in 2 hours. =D> (Well, they are driving/ taking me.) Spend the first few days Valley - them "whitewaterng" the fierce Valley Merced rapids using my inflatable kayak, me - couple of art classes. Then they return home while I continue on to Tuolumne to look for trout. No itinerary yet but...as usual, betting something will come up. See you all in 10 days or so.
Planning on taking the train/bus/Amtrak back home to Sacramento...see if it is worth the $47 fare...actually cheaper than gas.
See ya on the trails!
Mark
Mountainman who swims with trout
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by sparky »

Have a good time mark...ill be in the valley tomorrow...thinking of doing jack main unless .tuolumne meadows is clear