Above Waterhouse Lake...

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
michaeljones
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Above Waterhouse Lake...

Post by michaeljones »

Hello all...new member here but I have considered the Sierras "my" mountains since I was in Boy Scouts doing 50 mile hikes with the troop. Whew...that was about 40 years ago...

On the topo maps and sattelite pics I've looked at there is a nice flat looking stretch of the Stanislaus that kind of meanders through a meadow like area just above Waterhouse Lake. This might be our next destination as the snow melt progresses. Anyone been back here? I'll have a TR upon returning.

Seeeya...

And Thanks!!
DriveFly44
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Above Waterhouse Lake...

Post by DriveFly44 »

MJ, I was in that area a few years ago when we went to waterhouse. It was really nice but the fishing was a little slow so we headed back.

BTW, welcome to the board and let us know how your trip goes!!!

Ladd
michaeljones
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: Above Waterhouse Lake...

Post by michaeljones »

Thanks for the response and the welcome Drivefly44. I would expect the fishing to be very challenging in that area...if they see you it's over. We could always have some better luck at the lake, which was not a far hike at all. Now with circumstances changing I may not go as soon as I want but you can bet I'll post when I do get back!!