Hoover TR - Green Lake

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
EastSideClimb
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Hoover TR - Green Lake

Post by EastSideClimb »

Thanks for the info Dry. Love that area. I have a 3 day trip coming up in two weeks and am thinking of Green/West as an option. No fires at West is kind of a detractor, but I see the need. I'll PM you next week. I might go up Leavitt Meadows way instead, the guy Im going with has little East Side experience, and I know the majority of the area is free of snow. Now if only we could get that West Walker down a bit...ha ha.
richlong8
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by richlong8 »

Thanks for the report. I was up in that Leavitt area on Memorial Day and it sure looks like things have melted down a bit. nice dog!
vsop4me
Topix Novice

Post by vsop4me »

I was able to make it up to East Lake this past weekend. As reported the trail from Green Lake to East Lake is still snow covered, post holed several times as things are melting fast so be careful. No trail to follow but if you know the trail, it shouldn't be a problem. Here's picture of East Lake, partially melted along the outlet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
East Side Hiker
Topix Regular

Post by East Side Hiker »

I must say I've seen some of the most beautiful pictures in this thread. That last on of East Lake is amazing. Brings back so many memories. Thank you all.