2009 Sierra Trek | High Sierra Topix  

2009 Sierra Trek

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Re: 2009 Sierra Trek

Postby rlown » Tue May 10, 2011 9:36 pm

my opinion.. JTC's kid should have been on a different thread. Rogue is on his own path.

rlown
Topix Junkie

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby Cross Country » Tue May 10, 2011 9:42 pm

You gotta be kidding me. I'm sorry to say I know you're not.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Experience: N/A

Postby rlown » Tue May 10, 2011 9:47 pm

not kidding. cute kid and all, but a separate post for your kid's pic and a back story would be more appropriate. I like the tie-in to the memorial, but, It's really kind of high-jacking a thread.

Russ
rlown
Topix Junkie

Postby Troutdog 59 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:10 pm

That was quite a TR Rouge! Kudos to you on 39 days on the trail. Very cool!! I'll have to look for the Top Hat carving at Selden Creek. I plan on going through there this summer with my daughter. Also, those are some really nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with your adventure this year and be safe!!!
If you stand in the light, you get the feel of the night, and the music that plays in your ear......
In your mind you can hear, a voice so sweet and clear, and the music that plays in your head......
As it flows up from the ground, taking all that hear the sound, close your eyes, it’s about to begin.

R. Trower
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert

Postby RoguePhotonic » Tue May 10, 2011 11:07 pm

I'll have to look for the Top Hat carving at Selden Creek.

It's "Senger Creek". If your South bound it will be just before you reach the creek on the right side of the trail.

And as for the pic I don't mind it being posted in here. I couldn't help but think of all the sun screen your son needs!
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Postby Cross Country » Mon May 23, 2011 9:25 pm

To answer Wandering Daisy - you were absolutely right and perceptive in what you said about Mike. The season however, was before mosquitoes. It was June.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Previous

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping