I wanna run this route by some experts

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: I wanna run this route by some experts

Post by AlmostThere »

manbartz wrote:Trust me im listening.

Okay so I lack experience. Ill admit that. I would love to go deep into the sierra with an expert.

So what are you guys doing this summer?
Organizing backpacking trips for my hiking group.

So far, three days this weekend into Ventana, four days in June to Hetch Hetchy, three days in Yosemite in July, and a week on Rae Lakes loop (with cross country side trips).

I want to jam a late season Mineral King four or five day into my schedule somehow, too. Took a four day last October and had every form of precipitation, plus a four hour lightning show at night.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

manbartz wrote:
So what are you guys doing this summer?
I've got a 12 day fishing hike planned in late July, which the snow might hurt me at first, and then a 9 day in mid September out of North lake up towards Humprhreys Basin, followed by a week of hunting in the Trinity Alps.

Russ
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Post by sparky »

Well I got one extended trip pinned down, early season yosemite is turning into an annual event, but I am planning a solo hike after. Then my big solo trip of the year will be in one of three places if I can make up my mind!

You can teach yourself plenty. Explore with a daypack first. You don't want 30lbs on your back as you are experiencing steep, loose, large talus for the first time.

Slower is faster, start small and work your way to the grand vision