Well, since you're cheerfully not heeding the voices of experience here, I think the main hope is that you'll find the snow conditions and stream crossings such a major thrash that you'll rethink the trip very early on.
It's certainly possible since the first couple of weeks are the hardest anyway while you become fully adjusted to life on the trail.
I've already been considering what some plan B's are if I have to turn around in certain locations.
I can't imagine crossing the Kern at Junction Meadow then.
So this location is a ford? I imagine after going that far I would scout many miles if necessary up or down steam searching for downed trees or other narrow spots to cross. If I recall right Juncton Meadow has long sections of calm "surface" water which in a worst case scenario you could begin your ford up stream and let the stream carry you as you move across.
Same with going over Junction (really high angle snow) and getting to Cedar
Do you mean the trail before you get to Bubbs Creek Junction Meadow is a high angle snow early season? If that creek is not fordable at the trail at least you have it going for you that you can follow the creek down the canyon until you find a place to cross and be on route.
stay on the JMT until the conditions feel right and you're confident with snow and the stream crossings are manageable
I'd rather not because I did the whole JMT in 2009 then hiked on allot of it again in 2010. It's certainly beautiful but I want to explore new areas. It's really going to come down to what happens on the go.
I have never, ever, never, never, never been on a rescue where the person said "throw me back, I'm OK with dying."
Of course not lol. I certainly respect the notion of how much it would suck laying in a place with a broken leg. Whether or not your ok if you died is not even an issue because you will be there for some time before you actually died. I'm ok if I slip fall and get killed but a broken leg in my mind will be far worse then to die on the trail. I don't have any medical insurance and I WILL die before I allow myself to become a slave to endless medical debt. I know SAR is free but when I got to the hospital I would have to go over a break down of what each action of medical care will cost. If that cost was too high then it wont be done.
his motto is "We don't rescue smart people."
That's kind of a poor moto for people who get hurt just walking down the trail or get bit by a snake or get cerebral edema.
I suspect, that much of the sound advice you are receiving IS being considered, even though, on the surface, it wouldn't seem so. You are determined, so hopefully, you will incorporate much of the advice into your endeavor.
Indeed it is and I will. My goal is exactly as you put it. I will go I will try I will not do anything I am not comfortable with. If I have to reroute I will, if I have to wait I will. The only aspect that my hike is not completely flexible in is the closing dates of some resupply locations but i know of a couple places that are year round or open until late October. I could do week long loops out of the same areas while I wait for more snow melt and I get into better shape.