Agnew Meadows to Yosemite Valley, Part 5

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Agnew Meadows to Yosemite Valley, Part 5

Post by oldranger »

Jeez this is longer than I expected! Not manywords but many pics for this segment of the trip.

The next morning we headed up toward Vogelsang Lake then over Vogelsang Pass.
HSC from below.jpg
Trail to Vogelsang Lake.jpg
choo choo ridge 2.jpg
Vogelsang Lake and Pass.jpg
I should have known better but was surprised by the views of Gallison and Bernice Lakes and the Clark Range.
Bernice Lake.jpg
Clark Range.jpg
When the trail approached the outlet of Bernice we cut cross country,
A little cross country to Bernice.jpg
crossing the creek then heading up the slope to Bernice for about 45 minutes of fishing the w and sw shoreline, catching a few 11” brookies.
Bernice from sw Corner.jpg
After resuming our hike down Lewis Creek I came to the sudden realization that I had caught two types of trout and one char in two days and that had I just a few more days, catching browns and goldens for a “Yosemite Slam” would have been within my reach. We took a break at the pool where the long cascade of Florence Creek terminates and filled our dip’n sip filter bottle to have some water til the next water break.
Florence Creek.jpg
. As we dropped in elevation several notable junipers came into view.
Still Alive, Fletcher Creek drainage in background.jpg
One more post.

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Agnew Meadows to Yosemite Valley, Part 5

Post by Cross Country »

It was a pleasure reading this and especially seeing the pictures. I don't think I ever did any of this (or at least very little of this).