swimming in Roosevelt & Lane Lakes

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
paula53
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

swimming in Roosevelt & Lane Lakes

Post by paula53 »

Is it possible to swim in Roosevelt and Lane Lakes in the Emirgant Wilderness area? How about Fremont Lake, is it possible to swim in it also? :cool:
cmon4day
Topix Regular

Re: swimming in Roosevelt & Lane Lakes

Post by cmon4day »

Actually, those lakes are in the Hoover Wilderness. I haven't been to Fremont Lake, but I have been to Roosevelt and Lane, and yes you can swim. Both lakes have some brush and grass at their edges. Roosevelt has a good spot to get access to on the eastern side. Both are not very deep so you may find it warmer than Fremont. Enjoy your trip.
balzaccom
Topix Addict

Post by balzaccom »

If you are used to swimming in High Sierra Lakes, these are not different than any others. Cold water, clear water, and yes, you can swim there!
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
texan
Topix Expert

Post by texan »

You can swim in Lane and Roosevelt. The water is warmer than Freemont because its lower in elevation too.

Texan
bheiser1
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by bheiser1 »

Sooo often I want to swim in lakes I encounter while hiking ... but don't because I'm slathered in sunblock and/or insect repellent and don't want to pollute the water :(. But occasionally that's not the case and the swim feels soooo good :D ...

Though now, as we're talking about snow up there ... I guess it's a moot point, eh? :)