Granite Bear Pass- snow on northeast side?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Granite Bear Pass- snow on northeast side?

Post by mokelumnekid »

Thanks for the kind words T-A-H, if I'm moving at all it is to keep up with the missus. Seriously- she does not stop- after years of running and so on, her approach is that you adjust your pace, but only stop to rest ligaments and to prevent getting saddle sore. As a result she covers incredible amounts of ground. When we first met I was still old school- stopping a lot, taking off pack and so on. But I have learned how to travel her way and it works, if one can really learn pacing, and spends time to have a pretty comfortable (tho still heavy) pack.

Maverick- if we look familiar maybe it is because we are regulars on COPS- they keep bustin' down the door on our trailer home right when I'm in my dingy white tank-top :eek: Seriously- maybe we have passed on the trail. In the last 15 years or so we have come in almost always from east-side trail heads and generally hang out from Reno to Big Pine (we have a lot of friends in Reno as I went to the school of mines there).