TR: Duck Pass to Reds Meadow loop with kids

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
nevadasmith
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Duck Pass to Reds Meadow loop with kids

Post by nevadasmith »

I did the loop from duck pass to red's meadow & then the bus ride out of red's about 20
years ago, Nice little trip. I did wander over to purple lake for a day/night, then back
to the trail heading to Red's meadow. Got snowed on just as I passed duck lake, also had the hot springs all to my self.....My has that pool of hot water gotten low, when I was there the water at that same exact pool was easily at neck level when sitting normally in the pool. I still have an old photo of Me in it.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Duck Pass to Reds Meadow loop with kids

Post by fishmonger »

giantbrookie wrote:Nice trip report and photos. Great trip with the kids. Mine can't quite do a trip like this yet (oldest is 8, younger one 4 and a half)
agree on the 4 year old, but 8 is just fine - meet this young JMT hiker (yes, the ful JMT): she turned 7 at Evolution Lake this July - compared to her my 12-year-old twins were "old pros" on their third JMT