Dinkey Lake Trip Report

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Re: Dinkey Lake Trip Report

Post by giantbrookie »

Very nice photos and a great backpacking debut for your son. Judy and I no doubt blew it on our recent dayhike by not putting casts in the lake your son caught the nice brookie. We were in fact considering taking the kids to the Dinkeys this season, too, but opted for some destinations in other areas that did not prove as productive. Now we'll probably do the final trip with kids as a dayhike to a nearby area where our son caught his first fish last year.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crawler
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Crawler »

Way to go dad. :thumbsup:
riverwalker
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by riverwalker »

Almostthere I think I remember you. Did you have dogs with you? There was another couple we chatted with and I am thinking you were the ones without the dogs, but not sure.

I was surprised at the size of the brookies we were catching, but the photo makes it look a little bigger that it was.

Just got back from a little Evolution Basin and Goddard Canyon walk and will try to post some pics and report soon. Its great to be part of this cool online community. I hope I bump into to more of you on the trail!
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by AlmostThere »

We didn't have dogs - we both had Sunday Afternoon hats and i was carrying a bright blue backpack. My friend has an Osprey Exos (grey with red accents).

I am planning a Goddard/Evolution lollipop - how coincidental. :) Looking forward to pics.