Getting to Beck Lakes

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Getting to Beck Lakes

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Has anyone taken the trail that goes up King Creek, then north, to Beck Lakes? It looks really nice and more interesting (better views) than the trail to Beck Lakes that goes from John Muir Trail. I want to have this trail as my "Plan B" in case I cannot get a first-come permit using the John Muir Trial as the start, or my "Plan A" if it is really a more beautiful trail.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Getting to Beck Lakes

Post by maverick »

Doyle has a TR which includes the King Creek Trail section that will give you a good
overview. http://www.sierra-trails.com/minaret/minaret001.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Re: Getting to Beck Lakes

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Thanks! This is good information and I also enjoyed reading about their trip. I am leaning towards doing this section north-to-south so the King Creek route would be at the end of a section. When I reach Beck Lakes I certainly will do this route if I have enough time and food left over! I am even tempted to thow in the fishing gear.