campsite suggestions for cathedral-Yos. valley via clouds re

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
adam
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

campsite suggestions for cathedral-Yos. valley via clouds re

Post by adam »

My family will go from cathedral lakes to yosemite valley via cloud's rest next week. I think they plan to take ~4 days, so they have plenty of time for exploring and camping. After cathedral lakes, do any of you out there with experience of these trails have any suggestions for good campsites along the way?

thanks in advance!
Pulpit
Topix Acquainted

Re: campsite suggestions for cathedral-Yos. valley via clouds re

Post by Pulpit »

We base camped at a really awesome spot called Echo Lake that is just over Cathedral Pass leaving Cathedral Lakes. If you go over the pass and follow the "creek" (it was dry when we were there in late August '08) on the left side of the meadow just over the pass, you will find the lake, maybe 1.5 to 2 miles past the pass. There is a really great spot there where you could easily sleep 4.

Here are a couple pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snusmumriken
Topix Regular

Re: campsite suggestions for cathedral-Yos. valley via clouds re

Post by snusmumriken »

Sunrise lakes will be on the way to Clouds rest. All three lakes are beautiful alpine lakes, the middle is my favorite. You may not have it to yourselves, but there are plenty of good camp spots.