Giving trip advice

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Giving trip advice

Post by maverick »

My fellow HST members,

I believe giving out route info that involves difficult x-country travel is dangerous, and
as such should not be done unless the person has given us adequate information about
there experience as requested in the "Rules for requesting trip advice" section above.
This is for the persons requesting trip advice's safety, which should be our main
objective on HST when giving out trip advice( besides having a great time)!
Of coarse if the persons gives us untrue information about there experience, then so
be it, but at least we asked them to answer these questions in good faith.
I know I do not want to give out info about a particular route that may be difficult
to someone who has minimal or no experience, and then that persons dies because of
it, and though the decision falls on the person to proceed, I do not want that on my
conscience for the rest of my life.
I would rather have them read the HST rules above for there safety, and my conscience.

PS Eric, I do not read any where in the rules or info section a disclaimer about HST
not taking responsibility for advice given by members.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Giving trip advice

Post by ERIC »

maverick wrote: PS Eric, I do not read any where in the rules or info section a disclaimer about HST
not taking responsibility for advice given by members.
Good point. I'll edit to include that language.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix