Emigrant Wilderness (or Alternative), This weekend, 6/26-6/2

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Emigrant Wilderness (or Alternative), This weekend, 6/26-6/2

Post by rlown »

was the road to Gianelli clear, or did they just talk you into somewhere else? I'd kind of like to hit the Wire lks again, but maybe next year. Hoping the brookies are still there.
kevcon123
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by kevcon123 »

I went with utterdev on the loop and unfortunately the fishing was difficult. The streams were gigantic, and the pitch in most places made for white water / very fast moving water. We probably could have fished in one of the meadows where the streams widened out (one near the paradise valley trail turn off looked pretty good at around 7,400 feet) but I never bothered. Maybe a more talented fisherman could have found a way.

KC
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

thought i'd cross post this as i suddenly have a wild hair for a wire lks trip next year. unfortunately, no hard and fast fishing info, but nice pics of the lakes. There is a nasty crossing of some streams out to crabtree, so this year isn't the best year for that.

http://www.bytwerk.com/sierra/2008.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;