Parker Lake June 23rd - what footwear??

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
jessegooddog
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Parker Lake June 23rd - what footwear??

Post by jessegooddog »

Anyone been to this stunning lake yet? I usually wear my hiking sandals, hope I dont need snow boots at the lake.
hwy395lvrz
Topix Acquainted

Re: Parker Lake June 23rd - what footwear??

Post by hwy395lvrz »

Pretty sure you won't have any snow on the trail until maybe the last 500 yards where it is shaded.The water crossing at the outlet may be tricky though.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Re: Parker Lake June 23rd - what footwear??

Post by giantbrookie »

Some folks have been to this lake much earlier this year, when they hiked over snow. It should be fine by June 23. The higher, 4WD trailhead is also likely fine as of June 23 and saves distance if you have 4WD capability. In any case, footwear on the trail is not an issue, but if you wish to tromp around the lake shoreline more rugged footwear helps should you wish to do bushwhack around the perimeter.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;