What peaks are in this photo?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: What peaks are in this photo?

Post by SSSdave »

I know that area well. Red Slate's snowy coulour is prominent from many ridgeline areas of the Ritter Range for instance about Cecile Lake. Due to the hazy air, Red and White Mtn is hard to make out though the shape is the same as one will see from much closer The Plateau of Ponds. Not sure what the tit is just left beyond without doing map work. On the right side edge of Red and White is a very slight irregularity that is actually an 12.2k unnamed peak ( I named White Crags) a bit west that one passes when going from Bighorn to Shout of Relief passes. Further right is a small tit that is the end of a sweeping erete formation in front of Cotton Lake I named The Bowling Pin due to its shape on the topo. That whole zone has an excellent unblocked by ridges mid summer view west-northwest towards sunset and in fact Mount Clark is quite prominent in the background.
gcj
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: What peaks are in this photo?

Post by gcj »

Hi and season's greetings,
Red Slate and Red and White are correctly identified. Just wanted to add that the giant peak on the skyline on the far right of the latter photo is Mount Morgan (south).
-gordon
http://www.highsierrami.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;