Mineral King Trip Report

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
norcalhiker
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Mineral King Trip Report

Post by norcalhiker »

Thanks for the report. I may be heading up that way tomorrow. Might not even bring a camera and just claim your photos as mine. :^o

The story with parking at MK. Late season the Marmots eat other things? Are people still taking marmot precautions or is it not a problem?
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

norcalhiker wrote:Thanks for the report. I may be heading up that way tomorrow. Might not even bring a camera and just claim your photos as mine. :^o

The story with parking at MK. Late season the Marmots eat other things? Are people still taking marmot precautions or is it not a problem?
Take the camera...its worth it. Memories in the form of a picture can be invaluable. :nod:
Late season, "marmots eat other things"- so the ranger tells me. Out four days and no protection: no ill effects. Of the twenty or so cars at the trailhead, only one took precautions. If you are truly worried, buy some chicken wire on the way up and 'wrap up' before you leave.
treadwell
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by treadwell »

Wow, I love the pictures! I'm just a snapshot taker I'm afraid.