Agnew Meadows to 1000 Island lake, Ediza, etc. June 16

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
mpdillon
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Agnew Meadows to 1000 Island lake, Ediza, etc. June 16

Post by mpdillon »

Hi all,
My son and I are finally leaving on a trip you help plan back in Feb. We will be leaving Agnew Meadows by the PCT for 1000 Island lake. We have 6 nights and 7 days to spend in the backcountry. We will pass by Garnet lake, Ediza Lake and maybe head out towards Devil's Postpile.
Does anyone have a current trail report from the area? I have read the Weather/Snow report posts and was just looking for some last minute reports.
thanks,
pat
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Agnew Meadows to 1000 Island lake, Ediza, etc. June 16

Post by MountainMinstrel »

The national weather service has a great site for weather forecasts. Here is a link to the wide area forecast (Yosemite to SEKI). You can zoom in and click on any area you want for a more accurate and localized forecast. I've been using it for three years now and so far it has proven pretty accurate.
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.