Horseshoe Meadows Road Conditions

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
rayfound
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Horseshoe Meadows Road Conditions

Post by rayfound »

KC JED wrote:Why wouldn't you want to fish up in the high country? Especially when you might get a warm meal out of it. A fishing pole and some light tackle is always worth the extra pack weight.

NO... You got me all wrong. My post was terribly written... but I meant: "The fishing up at horseshoe meadows is closed until the July 1st GTW Opener. Why the hell would anyone want to go up there before then?!?!"

I'm a fly fishing nutcase.
KC JED
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Horseshoe Meadows Road Conditions

Post by KC JED »

O I C. Misunderstanding. Yeah, it's hard to figure out why you'd want to hit the high country without fishing. I think it's the awareness that comes from being at altitude, especially if you are a solo backpacker. It's amazing how vivid and focused your senses become when you are all by yourself. I mean if you mess up, I could very well be over and nobody will ever find you. Doomsday scenario, but it happens every year.