JMT: N2S or S2N? | High Sierra Topix  

JMT: N2S or S2N?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Re: JMT: N2S or S2N?

Postby BSquared » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:10 pm

If you're into spreadsheeting and trip planning (I am, but mostly as a way to fantasize about the upcoming trip ;) ), you might be interested to know that the tables of mileages and locations of junctions and campsites in Wenk's book are available online at I did find one error: there are two different locations for Island Pass, about 5 miles apart; the second entry appears to be the correct one.

I think the leg from Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne Meadows is one of the most beautiful parts of the trail, so of course you should start there! Vernal Fall, Nevada Fall, Mt. Clark, Starr King, the Echo Peaks, Cathedral Peak... Yum!

Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Postby The Other Tom » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Hey B^2, thanks for posting the link. Now I have something to do this winter :righton:
The Other Tom
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Postby sierranomad » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:05 am

Thank you for the link!

"When one tugs on a single thing in nature, he finds it's attached to the rest of the world". - John Muir
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping