Aspens near Bridgeport?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Aspens near Bridgeport?

Post by madeintahoe »

Hi Ann...Gosh just getting back logged into here...How did it go? I hope you found a lovely place.
The colors here are starting more..it is late this season.
Hope you have been well..let me know when you are coming back up to Tahoe
Take care
Anita
Ozark Flip
Topix Regular

Post by Ozark Flip »

AnnieB -

Sorry for the late post Pepper but I just realized who you are. LOL I didn't catch the last line of your original post but it all makes sense now. My son (Fish Bully) and I first met you at Onion Valley Kearsarge trailhead years ago. We were leaving on a 10-day llama trip. I too went to the Winterfest on Shasta. After the storm-out I went back to Cottonwood rather than the Lake Shastina bailout. Hope you have been doing great!

Anyway - Any of you Winterfest folks know if it will be held at Silver Snag this year? If so, I am so there as I will be spending a fair amount of time in the area this winter. Also, too many evil Ku-Ku-Pa-Rick spirits to wart of on Shasta. I'll also drop by that mountaineering store to see if Steve is still around. He should be recovered from his knee episode and he may host it if there is interest. He should know about HST too huh?

Regards,

Flip
AnnieB
Topix Novice

Post by AnnieB »

Hi Flip - yeah, I remember meeting you! I'm not sure if Steve is up for Winterfest this year. He gave me some suggestions for the Trinities but somehow I remember that he still isn't up to a major deal. I could be wrong, I tried to check out TT but haven't been able to access it for a couple of days.
Anita - it is tempting to come up that way this weekend but we want to take a bike ride and poke around the house so I'm afraid I will miss out on fall colors this year. I'll give you a holler if I do head up to your neighborhood. It would be fun to see you again.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Ozark Flip, I think I remember your name (different form) from TT! And Pepperdog, its been awhile! Good to see you here! Yes, tell Steve to visit here.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ozark Flip
Topix Regular

Post by Ozark Flip »

Snowy - Yea, we haven't met but we were all on TT long ago. I always enjoyed reading your posts - in fact, everytime I traverse Rockwell Pass I think of you guys and the tornado. Wow!

Regards,

Flip