KEARSARGE PASS MAY 31,2008 | High Sierra Topix  

KEARSARGE PASS MAY 31,2008

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

KEARSARGE PASS MAY 31,2008

Postby calvin23 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:10 pm

I HIKED UP TO KEARSARGE PASS LAST WEEKEND AND THE CONDITIONS WERE OK. PAST GILBERT LAKE, YOU FIRST GET INTO HEAVIER SNOW FOLLOWED BY NO SNOW FOR A MILE, THAN A FOOT OF SNOW AS YOU NEAR THE TOP OF THE PASS. CRAMPONS AND ICE AX WERE NECESSARY, ESPECIALLY WHERE IT WAS STEEP.
PHOTOS AT LINK BELOW

http://www.flickr.com/photos/l23product ... 446153379/

calvin23
Topix Acquainted

Experience: N/A

Re: KEARSARGE PASS MAY 31,2008

Postby Snow Nymph » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:34 pm

I was there with TomG on Saturday. We parked his Rubicon at OV trailhead by the bathroom, and my FJ was at the Kearsarge Mines Trailhead. We did a loop trip of Kearsarge Peak. Beautiful area!

Looking at your photos, I thought you were a guy I met at Horseshoe Meadow Fri afternoon, that was hiking Kearsarge Pass on Sat. But he was from AZ. Nice website, btw!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Postby calvin23 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:56 am

Thanks for the nice comment Snow Nymph. No, I wasn't the guy at Horseshoe Meadows but I did get to OV TH at around 9am on Saturday. I really enoyed that hike since I had all of Kearsarge Pass to myself!
calvin23
Topix Acquainted

Postby gary c. » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:56 pm

Beautiful pictures, I love the view from the pass and winter is the best.
Gary C.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
gary c.
Topix Expert

Postby markorr » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Looking at Kearsarge from Bullfrog Lakes there's no snow on the west side at all ( June 8th)
markorr
Topix Acquainted

Postby don norton » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Snow Nymph wrote:I was there with TomG on Saturday. We parked his Rubicon at OV trailhead by the bathroom, and my FJ was at the Kearsarge Mines Trailhead. We did a loop trip of Kearsarge Peak. Beautiful area!

Looking at your photos, I thought you were a guy I met at Horseshoe Meadow Fri afternoon, that was hiking Kearsarge Pass on Sat. But he was from AZ. Nice website, btw!

Snow Nymph you know how to make a guy jealous. these are some great photos wished I was there
don norton
Topix Acquainted

Postby js hill » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Great pictures. We went up Kearsage pass about three weeks after you did. I can't believe there was that much snow three weeks before we were there. We are planning on going back up around the 6th of July this year and heading north on the JMT. Thanks again for the great photos. js hill
js hill
Topix Acquainted

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping