Hiking buddy/buddies wanted

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
manxkity
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Hiking buddy/buddies wanted

Post by manxkity »

Hi there -

I'm new to the board and have been busy reading :-)

I am planing to do the Thousand Island Lake Loop from Agnew Meadows from August 19 to August 28. I plan lay over days and lots of fishing. I'd like to send off for the wilderness permit by the end of the month

I am an experienced (44 years) gourmet backpacker (my Da's words) with all of my own gear. I'm not fast but I am steady. If you are looking from some easy lazy down time with plenty of fishing I'm your gal. I'm not a rock climber but I am perfectly willing to baby sit camp and fish while you bag peaks :-)

My usual partner in 'crime' has some serious family obligations and can't commit and my 76 year old Da has his own trip farther south at the same so...

I'm in the Bay Area but travel to the Inland Empire regularly. Drop me a line if this sounds like it might work for you
SPeacock
Topix Regular

Re: Hiking buddy/buddies wanted

Post by SPeacock »

You might also post in at this web site.

http://www.backpacker.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi

Many here are there as well.
joseb
Topix Newbie

Re: Hiking buddy/buddies wanted

Post by joseb »

Hi Manxkity,
I read your post and am interested in the trip. I backpack both on trail and off trail.
I live in Dublin, Ca. I am planning some trips this Summer too. I am also looking for
hiking partners. I also hike on the slower side. But I can push 12-14 miles per day if I have to.
I have hiked the John Muir Trail twice. I am a terrible fisherman and I love to hike with someone who can fish. If your inquiry is still open let me know. If so then we can work out the details.