Round and round the Ritter Range

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
DoyleWDonehoo
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

You could get shot!

Post by DoyleWDonehoo »

cgundersen wrote:As for hunters: 2 of the 3 encounters I've had with heavily armed folks have been on the Minaret Lake trail and the other near Agnew meadow.
You see them in wilderness areas. You learn never to do this during hunting season, and only do this at home: put your open hands up facing forward, put your thumbs to your temples, and splay your fingers.
Doyle W. Donehoo
Sierra Trails:
http://www.doylewdonehoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
quentinc
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by quentinc »

madeintahoe wrote:Beautiful pictures Larry! What a nice route it looks like you took.
really stunning part of the Sierra. :)
How did you dislocate your shoulder? And how is it now? Gosh so sorry that happen
Thanks Anita.
Well, it's a long story (mainly because of all of my excuses!), but the upshot (or downshot) is that I slipped on a really easy rock and the weight of my backpack drove my left shoulder hard into the ground. I've seen two orthopedists so far, and one suggested it might get better with a cortisone shot but it hasn't. So now, at his recommendation, I'm off to a 3rd orthopedist, who is supposedly one of the premier labral tear repair surgeons. I'm really dreading the recovery process from surgery, but it looks inevitable.