Mono Divide 8/17 - 8/20

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Buck Forester
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Buck Forester »

Great report and pics! Sorry to hear you forgot to lock your car. I've, ahem, done that before too and had to turn back. It's something you usually only do once, thank goodness.
It's all about the WILDERNESS!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buckforester/page9/
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

Thanks, Buck! Yeah, after this I'm going to check about six times before I ever start hiking. ;)
hawkfeather
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by hawkfeather »

Sorry to hear your original plans didn't work out (and won't tell you how many times I've locked myself out of a car--not quite your problem, though deeply aggravating!), but it sounds like you had a terrific trip anyway. Thank you for the write-up and the pics. I've looked up (or across) at "Halfth Recess" various times and wondered what was up there.
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

Thanks, Helen--glad you enjoyed them. And yeah, it was a really good trip, after a false start.

One Halfth Recess is pretty cool--a couple of lovely lakes, and great views into Mono Creek and across to the Silver Divide.