High Sierra Camp Loop Trip

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

I guess we should start a new thread on this. I only have Sat/Sun off that week. We can do a 3-4 day trip, and some of us can join for the weekend (me). I have to check on one more thing, and I'll post something.

Last weekend CrazyBob had his flute and harmonica on our hikes.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

Rosabella....What a nice report! I would love to do that one day....I did stay one time in one of the tent cabins at Tuolomne meadows and it was quite cozy and comfortable I must say so! I have never heard of the Seven Sacred Pools...looks beautiful to swim in

Nice you had a good trip with your sister...did you get served pancakes at all?
Rosabella
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Rosabella »

Thanks Madeintahoe! Yeah.... the Seven Sacred Pools were all so beautiful! The trail that led to the general area was beyond Washburn Lake; the pools were just off the trail a bit. The pools had beautiful cascading falls that fed into to the pools themselves, one after another. It was only a few miles from Merced Camp, but we didn't see anyone else and the trail did not show a lot of wear.

The food was amazing at the camps! Each morning we were offered oatmeal, fresh fruit, some type of egg dish, and a side meat... and yes, pancakes. Meals were all served family-style. Dinners were great - soup, green salad, and the main entre's were all creative and delicious, ending with some type of dessert. The sack lunchs included a sandwich, fresh fruit, a juice box, and a couple cookies. the food was all great, but what I enjoyed the most was actually having fresh fruit and vegetables on the trail!