TR: Evolution/McGee Lakes/Pass 11,720 ~ 5/28 to 6/4/21

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
wildhiker
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Evolution/McGee Lakes/Pass 11,720 ~ 5/28 to 6/4/21

Post by wildhiker »

The closest I've come to Muir Pass is Wanda Lake, but the pyramidal peak on the far right of your Mt. Huxley photo looks like Mount Solomons, which puts Muir Pass in the low saddle directly to the left of it.

A little later in the season when everything greens up, you would find the route through Davis Lakes and Goddard Canyon quite enjoyable, with lots of wildflowers.

-Phil
stevet
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by stevet »

Michael,
Looks like the new camera served you well. Great photos and videos. I particularly enjoyed your "I don't what these peaks are, there are too many of them." I can do pretty good at anything nearby but after that there really are so many that to take time and identify them all would subtrack from the awesomeness of just seeing them and enjoying them.

Thanks for sharing a great route through one of my favorite Sierra regions.
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by kpeter »

Looks like a great trip! I appreciated the photos and the videos added personality. Nice to see you enjoying your new gear and a new place!