Bench Valley 1989 Trip Report

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Bench Valley 1989 Trip Report

Post by sekihiker » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:44 pm

After the underwhelming reception of my Courtright-North Lake report submitted earlier this month, I doubt it's worth the effort to post a report for another old trip here on HST.
So, here is a link to it on my website.
Bench Valley 1989: http://www.sierrahiker.com/BenchValley1989/index.html

balzaccom
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: Bench Valley 1989 Trip Report

Post by balzaccom » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Don't assume that a lack of posts indicate a lack of interest. I enjoyed your North Lake TR--especially those cute shorts!

Nice to see this area---we were here about ten years ago, in early July, and had massive skeeters as well. Seems to come with the territory that time of year. But you cover a lot more miles than we do---then again, you were a lot younger then, too!
Balzaccom

check out our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

robertseeburger
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by robertseeburger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:18 pm

No question.. great to see these reports..

Somehow this area in general ( anything in the sierras west of the muir trail/kings canyon) does not get enough attention.
It is a really special area.. only been in this area twice myself. But I plan on rectifying this soon.

You can get to so many places here and not see any people.

kylekuzma
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by kylekuzma » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:19 pm

Thanks for this. I've been eyeing a similar trip so good to see some more photos. Thinking about taking an extra day and going over hell for sure to explore goddard canyon as a day hike