I am waiting on Sierra national forest to open permits for my first trip.. target June.
My normal process is to think about thinks all winter, wait for the April 1st snow report and book a couple of trips. Looks like this isn't going to work this year as what I was going to do later is already reserved. I was too late. Oh well..
I did book one trip for 7/7 solo out of Sabrina Lake.. haven't been there in 15 years or so.. only one permit remaining.
I will be on the lookout for Sierra national forest permits for a seven gables area trip..assuming 40-50% snow year, which of course could change.
I will do a wind river trip, hopefully end of August.
Interesting thread here, and the one proposing a change in the system. It is a different year this year.
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!