TR: Buena Vista Loop 8/14-8/16/20)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
vitaminC
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

TR: Buena Vista Loop 8/14-8/16/20)

Post by vitaminC »

I got a much later start than planned on Friday afternoon, which compromised the rest of my weekend in terms of where I camped each night. Probably wouldn't have mattered as much earlier in the season, but I wanted to keep my last day under 10 miles and there weren't many camping options in that window due to lack of water.

The trailhead was in the Bridalveil Campground, however that's closed, so it meant parking on Glacier Pt Rd and walking an extra mile to the "start." Still, I enjoyed the trip- saw some new parts of Yosemite, got some cool night photos, and escaped the house for a few days.

The Saturday night storm didn't impact me too much other than high winds trying to blow down my shelter. At the time, I enjoyed seeing all the lightning flashes in the distance, but on the way home I realized what that storm had set in motion.

A bunch of photos

Route:

Perseids!

Near Buena Vista Lake
----------------
Lots of photos
windknot
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Buena Vista Loop 8/14-8/16/20)

Post by windknot »

Great photos, especially the shots of your tent at night. And finally I see another SMD Fusion 65 in the wild! Thanks for sharing.