One Night in Sabrina Basin

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
llupine
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: One Night in Sabrina Basin

Post by llupine »

texan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:13 pm I have hiked all over Sabrina Basin and the hike from Hungry Packer to Echo Lake to me is the most scenic too me, the outlet of Echo or waterfall is unreal.

Texan

P.S. Plus, if you fish there are nice rainbows in ECHO.
Now you're tempting me with that description! I might have to hike to Echo in the morning before I hike out on my second day.
Midnight Sun
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Midnight Sun »

I have camped at both Hungry Packer and Midnight Lake. I thought both were excellent and incredibly scenic. Midnight doesn't get mentioned as much as some others in the basin, but it's a great spot to camp.
llupine
Topix Novice

Post by llupine »

Midnight Sun wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:52 pm I have camped at both Hungry Packer and Midnight Lake. I thought both were excellent and incredibly scenic. Midnight doesn't get mentioned as much as some others in the basin, but it's a great spot to camp.
Sounds like there is so much to see! Wish I had more time. I want to camp at all the lakes now. Haha.
davidsheridan
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by davidsheridan »

Camping st Saylor lake and you are right in between Hungry Packer and Moonlight with a view of moonlight falls and a view of Picture peak just like you would get at Hungry packer. Lots of water flowing through that basin and great basecamp to explore both lakes you mentioned. You really cant go wrong up there ! Enjoy your trip!
llupine
Topix Novice

Post by llupine »

davidsheridan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:07 pm Camping st Saylor lake and you are right in between Hungry Packer and Moonlight with a view of moonlight falls and a view of Picture peak just like you would get at Hungry packer. Lots of water flowing through that basin and great basecamp to explore both lakes you mentioned. You really cant go wrong up there ! Enjoy your trip!
That sounds like a really good option. Thanks!