TR: North Fork of the Kings- Woodchuck Country, 6/13-6/16

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: North Fork of the Kings- Woodchuck Country Trip Report

Post by Harlen »

windknot, I'll try to refer you to the former discussion in my Post called "Foodless Trips?" viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19521#p146940

I have messed around with fasting for awhile, and am fine without food- or shall I say, I am fine on coffee and brandy for 4-5 days? Lost ~13 lbs. in 5 days.
And sekihiker wrote:
BTW, your "cat paw" has the common name pussypaws and its other name is Calyptridium monospermum.
I knew that Bill, but I've alway found the name "pussypaws" off-putting- I don't know why- Freudian I suppose.

100_1782 (2).jpg
Finally, let me state once again that I took only 8 oz of this mixture, @ ~ 2/3 to 1/3 Jameson's to G.Marnier- just add snow!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Mike M.
Topix Expert

Post by Mike M. »

Not to change the subject, but nice to see some vinyl love there in the background. Wagner on the left, looks like -- fitting for a foodless trek in the High Sierra.

Mike M.
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Ah, I missed that entertaining thread. Thanks Harlen! And kudos on a successful first pilot. Your idea intrigued me, so I brought it up to my wife. She immediately retorted that I better bring food as a backup because she doesn't want to be on the search end of a search and rescue attempt for a hiker too weak to get back to the car.