TR: 6/20-23 Kennedy Lk-Relief Res-Summit Cr

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR: 6/20-23 Kennedy Lk-Relief Res-Summit Cr

Post by kpeter »

Another great trip report, WD! That is a lot of snow still below 9000 feet. It seems as if we are about one month behind the average.
cantare
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by cantare »

justm wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:44 pm I'll be headed in to Emigrant after the 4th via crabtree. Seeing your camp at sheep camp, makes me think I'll be meandering around the lower areas, Hyatt, Big Lake and Yellowhammer.
That's the area I've been looking at. Right now you apparently have to park at the gianelli turnoff a mile short of crabtree. Per ranger, piute and cherry creeks are deep but crossable.
justm
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by justm »

cantare wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:36 pm
justm wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:44 pm I'll be headed in to Emigrant after the 4th via crabtree. Seeing your camp at sheep camp, makes me think I'll be meandering around the lower areas, Hyatt, Big Lake and Yellowhammer.
That's the area I've been looking at. Right now you apparently have to park at the gianelli turnoff a mile short of crabtree. Per ranger, piute and cherry creeks are deep but crossable.
Thanks for the Crabtree update, wow thats a lot of snow. The fishing should be great out there !! I'm planning on getting out there the week of the 8th, so hopefully I'll be able to park in the parking lot by then.
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by SSSdave »

Good elevation choice for June this year that shows up to 8k is nicely green, flowery, and pleasant. Yellow flowers are arrowleaf balsamwood.