What regions are north, central, and south in the graph of CA snow water content?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
gregodorizzi
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

What regions are north, central, and south in the graph of CA snow water content?

Post by gregodorizzi »

I'm wondering what regions in California correspond to north, central, and south in the graph at this website: http://cdec.water.ca.gov/snowapp/swcchart.action. The snow falling outside my own window in Colorado right now has given me some idle time to ponder.
longri
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: What regions are north, central, and south in the graph of CA snow water content?

Post by longri »

I've seen it on the CDEC website before but I can't recall where. I found a text file on my computer that defines those three regions but, again, I don't have a source. The bottom line is that most of what we think of as the High Sierra is in the southern section.

North Section - Trinity through Feather & Truckee
Central Section - Yuba & Tahoe through Merced & Walker
Southern Section - San Joaquin through Kern and Owens
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: What regions are north, central, and south in the graph of CA snow water content?

Post by TehipiteTom »

Also, this page has a very basic graphic showing the watershed regions on a map of California.
gregodorizzi
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by gregodorizzi »

Thanks for the replies!