Music On the Trail

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maiathebee
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Music On the Trail

Post by maiathebee »

markskor wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm
maiathebee wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:55 pm It's absolutely a violation of leave no trace principles. Here are the principles. Note the seventh principle:
Be Considerate of Other Visitors
  • Respect other visitors and protect the quality of their experience.
  • Be courteous. Yield to other users on the trail.
  • Step to the downhill side of the trail when encountering pack stock.
  • Take breaks and camp away from trails and other visitors.
  • Let nature's sounds prevail. Avoid loud voices and noises.
I wish more people understood that they're not special. There are billions of us on Earth and we would all benefit from a little bit of reflection about our place in the larger world. The things we do have impact on animals, the wilderness, and other hikers.
I feel the same way about dogs...sort of selfish to bring them (unless actually wilderness well-trained) along.
Agreed! Especially since one of my dogs is uncomfortable with new dogs that run up on her, and often responds with aggression. I keep her leashed but can't tell you how many times we've been ambushed by a dog hundreds of yards ahead of and clearly not under the control of its owner.
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Music On the Trail

Post by rlown »

Agree as well. Simba will be leashed when I hit Humphreys in Sept. They have to learn somehow and it is just best to keep them back from pack mules, people and other dogs.
Simba has a great defense mechanism.. Shiny large canines.

Music doesn't really bug me on the trail as don't partake.