LeConte Divide / Goddard Canyon Trip Report

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Laconte Divide / Goddard Canyon Trip Report

Post by cgundersen »

Hi Harlen,
That is an exceptional sunrise shot; truly stunning! And, you definitely were in prime season for boletes. I'll attach a shot of one of the lunkers I caught a couple years ago (they're pretty easy to catch, even for someone who moves as slowly as I do). This one was growing in Gardiner Lakes basin:
cwvDm9asA_Lw9YsGTQNy8vW7Zxw.jpg
Thanks for a super report. You guys really carry a 3ft pan? I'm impressed!
Cameron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Really like the picture of the lake with ice at the edges
Yes, nice capture Harlen. :)
This is the time of year when one can incorporate iced lakeshore's or small iced over ponds into one's foregrounds in the mornings, they can create very unique captures, if all the small elements come together.
Love mushrooms. :nod: :yummy:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Harlen
Topix Addict

Re: LeConte Divide / Goddard Canyon Trip Report

Post by Harlen »

Russ says:
You can eat what you kill, but even in 14 days, that won't put a dent in what you have to carry out.

Thanks for the insight. Sounds like a lot of good hard work Russ. I'm sure you're the sort of respectful hunter who does it right, unlike the bunch of vehicle hunters we saw up there.
Last edited by Harlen on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

A late September snowstorm saved the bear meat. That was just luck. 10 miles in.