Bear Basin Trip Report

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Bear Basin Trip Report

Post by rlown »

Nice report, Harlen! My dog Simba goes in June through Humphreys and to French. He's never been anywhere before so this will be a new experience for both of us.
windknot
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by windknot »

Thanks for the report! I've visited part of the area along your route and haven't yet visited other parts, so I appreciate the photos and you taking us along on your journey.
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by cgundersen »

Harlen,
Spearpoint Lake was a regular target for my wife, me and our ~100 lb golden retriever who loved the Sierra more than we do. He'd lapse into a week-long depression whenever we returned to LA (yes, I know, some folks fall into a lifelong depression)..........But, we've not been back there since the big guy died (17 years ago), so this kindled some good memories. Great photos, and since no one else has chimed in: yes, that sure looks like Hilgard to me, but I think you'd want someone like Oldranger to confirm that.
Cheers, Cameron