TR: Circuit of the Minarets — July 26-30, 2018

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
xcountry rider
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR: Circuit of the Minarets — July 26-30, 2018

Post by xcountry rider »

Thank you for the trip report and photos. That looks like a great area to explore.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Post by giantbrookie »

What a cool route and great scenery. It is living proof that one can still enjoy spectacular sights in the High Sierra even with the smoke in the air. As noted by others the smokiness added its own character--there is little doubt it contributed to that gorgeous Cecile Lake photo.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Lumbergh21 »

Thanks for the report and photos. I plan to hike some of the same area at the beginning of September. I was hoping to change my permit from Beck Lakes TH to Minarette or something further north and a reverse loop heading south, but I think I would like to see Beck Lakes now.
Carne_DelMuerto
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Carne_DelMuerto »

Lumbergh21 wrote:I think I would like to see Beck Lakes now.
Beck Lakes Trail has been closed due to the Lions Fire. You'll probably want to check the status closer to your departure.
Wonder is rock and water and the life that lives in-between.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

I think I would like to see Beck Lakes now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

As promised, a couple more photos from Cecile Lake.

Thanks Carne, I've been away, and just saw these. More nice light, but the first photo of the east side of Clyde Mineret still gives me a fright. I've been too far up one of those couloirs in too icy conditions, and had to slink back down with my tail between me legs. A summer climb for sure! By the way, why didn't you guys take a dog with you? :)
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.