6 person limit at Tuolumne campgrounds ?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
mkbgdns
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: 6 person limit at Tuolumne campgrounds ?

Post by mkbgdns »

remember that only half the campsites are reservable. each day, walk-ups come available. of course, there may be a considerable line for same when the office opens at 9 AM.
kbarb
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: 6 person limit at Tuolumne campgrounds ?

Post by kbarb »

Thanks everyone for your input.
It seems a little iffy although probably in reality not too much to worry about.
The two car problem can be handled, but we'd have at least four tents even staying within the six person limit.
I'm sure you could say, "they're just visiting" and at that, you'd attract a lot more scrutiny if being annoying to others.

I might just keep to the six person limit since over a lifetime I've been caught with the "my dog ate my homework" alibis, the couple of times I tried.
I did once talk a young female ranger in the Yosemite Valley itself to allow a friend to take a photo of us, as if she was handcuffing and arresting me, so I'd like to keep with the good humored relations.
If I can remember I'll report back if there's any scrutiny.

Thanks !

Kent